Even more variety! With the XORO HRT 8720 you can experience the next generation of digital terrestrial television. Many programme contents in brilliant picture quality - up to Full HD. Thanks to the integrated Irdeto decoding system, you can receive not only the public channels with the receiver, but also the private channels. The XORO HRT 8720 is the first receiver to be certified for freenet TV. Of course, the HRT 8720 also receives all previous DVB-T channels. The initial installation of the receiver is completed after only a few keystrokes. Clear and easy-to-understand on-screen menus facilitate further settings as well as daily operation.By connecting a USB storage device, the XORO HRT 8720 turns into a recorder with timeshift function.
- Receiver for digital terrestrial television (DVB-T/T2 HD)
- Receives SD/qHD, HD and FullHD channels (H.265 HEVC/H.264/MPEG2)
- Certified Irdeto decoding system for programmes of the private channels (freenet TV)
- USB recording function and Timeshift
- Adjustable pre- and post-timer recording time
- supply voltage (+5V) can be switched on for active indoor antennas
- 7-segment LED display (4 digits)
- Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) and Teletext
- Powerful HD Media Player - supports MKV files
- HDMI output (up to FullHD 1080p)
- 12V supply voltage (mains adapter for 230V included)
The editors of the trade magazines SATVISION and SAT Empfang took a closer look at the XORO HRT 8720, the first available DVB-T2 HD receiver for freenet TV, and subjected it to extensive tests.
The XORO HRT 8720 passed the practical test in the 6/2016 issue with an overall rating of "GOOD". The price/performance ratio was rated "very good". "In addition to the very good picture quality and low power consumption, its strengths lie in its simple operation, to which the clear and visually appealing menus in particular contribute."
In the individual test in SAT reception, the HRT 8720 achieved a test result of 1.3 in the upper class. Here, too, the price/performance ratio was rated "very good". The test conclusion: "The Xoro HRT 8720 enables HD television for the first time via a simple indoor aerial. The DVB-T2 receiver impresses with its fast switching times, recording function and is "freenet TV" compatible. "The XORO HRT 8720 was subjected to an extensive individual test in the magazine "DIGITAL fernsehen".The receiver was able to impress in the test with its recording function and its intuitive operation.
Excerpt from the test conclusion:
"The Xoro HRT 8720 is an interesting device for entering the new DVB-T2 world. Thanks to the support of encrypted private channels, the purchase of the device is also a good decision if you are not yet sure whether the paid channels are also desired later. "The receiver was able to complete the test with the overall grade "good".You can read the complete test in the 8/2016 issue.
- General data: Supply voltage: 12V DC/1A (power supply unit for AC 100-240V at 50/60Hz included in delivery).
- power consumption: max.: 12W, typical: 6.5W, standby: <>
- Dimension: 220x30x150mm
- Weight: 500g (incl. remote control and power supply)
- DVB-T/T2 Tuner: Impedance: 75Ohm
- Frequency range: 174-230MHz, 470-858MHz
- Memory locations: 400
- Favourite groups: 8 (Individually nameable)
- Antenna supply: 5V, max. 50mA (switchable)
- Video decoding: MPEG1, MPEG2 MP@ML, H.264 MP/HP@Level4.2, H.265/HEVC Main10 Profile High Tier@Level4.1
- Video resolution: up to 1920x1080p (HEVC: 1080p@50/60fps)
- Audio coding: ISO/IEC 11172 Layer I & II
- Connections: Video: HDMI (up to 1080p), AV (3.5mm jack) Antenna in/out: IEC socket
- data: USB, smart card reader*
- displays and controls: Display: 7-segment LED, 4 Digits
- Remote control: Infrared
- Hand control: 1 key (standby)
- HD Media Player: Storage media: USB mass storage with FAT32/NTFS
- Video: AVI, MKV, TS, MPG, MP4
- Music: MP3
- Photo: JPEG
- PVR Ready**: Storage media: USB mass storage with FAT32
- Recording format***: TS
- Additional features: Timer recording, timeshift, end time from EPG for instant recording, sort recording list, adjustable pre- and post-run time for timer recordings
- Operating conditions: Temperature: 0 - 40° C
- Humidity: 25-75% (non-condensing)
Scope of delivery:
- Receiver HRT 8720
- Remote control
- Power supply unit
- Operating instructions
* The receiver's decoding system does not require a smart card. The card reader is provided for possible future use.
**Encrypted channels may disable or restrict the recording and timershift function.
***Recordings of encrypted channels are stored encrypted on the recording drive and can only be played back by the device that originally made the recording.