MAG 524w3 is high performance 4K Linux set-top boxes. These next-generation MAG devices feature an Amlogic S905X2 chipset, a new GPU and a 25% more powerful ARM Cortex-A53 processor.
These devices allow streaming operators to provide an uninterrupted service with high quality. The JS API used in MAG devices ensures easy migration from older MAG set-top boxes to newer models. On request, we integrate third-party middleware and CAS/DRM with MAG 524w3.
Linux 4.9, Amlogic S905X2 chipset, infrared remote control, 4K and HEVC support, 1 GB RAM, 4 GB eMMC, HDMI 2.1 port, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WLAN.
For local and large streaming operators
With this smart IPTV receiver, your customers can equally enjoy linear TV, video-on-demand and other video content in high resolution. The Set Top Box is also capable of playing files over the local network and from external media.1 Companies can bring projects to market with quality service, fast technical support and customisable UI/UX.
This unit has a 2T2R ac WLAN adapter. This enables wireless connectivity at 100 Mbps in 2.4 GHz mode and up to 550 Mbps in 5 GHz mode.2 There is also an integrated Ethernet interface at 100 Mbps.
Reliable Set Top Box with Linux 4.9
This Set Top Box is a confident and powerful device. The Linux operating system makes it easy to develop applications and to customise and integrate services. The set-top box plays back videos in high quality and runs for months without rebooting
Powerful chipset from Amlogic
Thanks to the Amlogic S905X2 chipset and ARM Cortex A53 CPU, this model is 25% more powerful than the previous generation of our Linux boxes. This allows for even smoother playback and seamless execution of the user interface as well as applications
4K HDR and HEVC
This smart IPTV box plays movies, shows and TV series in 4K HDR.3 The refresh rate is 60 fps. Even with a slow internet connection, a streaming operator can deliver high-quality content as this set-top box supports H.265 and other modern codecs
PI for integrations and applications
For easier integration of middleware and DRM/CAS, but also for application development, Infomir equips the devices with an API. Its possibilities are unlimited. For example, streaming operators can develop their own client applications for their middleware, system integrators can develop software for hotels, cruise ships or youth hostels
Eight-channel Dolby Digital Plus™ sound
Users can enjoy hi-fi sound on modern televisions, audio systems and home theatres. Dolby Digital Plus™ ensures that you have an immersive experience when watching a movie, TV show or series.4
Branding options for the user interface, packaging, case and remote control
Branded user interface, cases and packaging help streaming companies stand out from the competition and make their brand recognisable. Companies can add their logo and colours to the standard user interface or even order a unique user interface
Important to note:
- Before purchasing a smart IPTV Set Top Box, please check with your service provider which version of MINISTRA they are using. This is a crucial point that we would like to draw your attention to when purchasing IPTV receivers. This STB model only runs on Ministra v.5.6.6. or higher
- HB-DIGITAL GmbH is the official distributor of MAG products in Germany and Europe. Please note that the manufacturer may change the appearance of the packaging, product specifications or accessories. Please note that the pictures of this product model are for reference only, the actual product may differ slightly
- Please note in particular that all set top boxes purchased from us are shipped with default factory settings and are not pre-programmed and do not include IP transmitters
- Size (W × D × H), mm: 115x115x28
- Weight, g:170
- Chipset: Amlogic S905X2
- Processor: Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53, 1900 MHz
- Power : 18400 DMIPS
- RAM: 1 GB DDR3
- Memory: 4 GB eMMC
- Operating system: Linux 4.9
- DRM: On request
- Supported middleware: Pre-integrated Ministra TV platform. Modifications with operator apps, customisation or complete replacement possible
- HDMI 2.1, 100 Mbit/s Ethernet, USB 3.0 × 1, USB 2.0 × 1
- PC or network storage, multimedia transmissions (RTSP, RTP, UDP, IGMP, HTTP), USB devices
Audio and video
- Audio encoding: MPEG L1/L2/L3, AAC-LC, HE AAC V1/V2 , APE, FLAC, Dolby Digital Plus™.
- Video mode: 2160p, 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 576p, NTSC, PAL
- Video encoding: H.265/HEVC (optional), H.264 (AVC), MPEG-1/2, MPEG- 4, XviD, 3D video support
- Video containers: TS, MTS, AVI, MPEG, MP4, MOV, MKV, M2TS, VOB, 3GP
- Image format: JPEG, PNG, BMP, RAW
- Subtitles: DVB, PGS, SRT, SSA/ASS, SUB, Teletext, WebVtt, Subtitles
- Playlist format: M3U, M3U8, PLS, CUE
Scope of delivery:
- 1 x MAG 524w3 Set Top Box
- 2 x user manual
- 1 x HDMI cable
- 1 x 12V/1A power supply unit
- 1 x remote control
- 2 x AAA batteries