What is the patch cable for?
The Wi-Fi network is not always stable and often has interruptions when transmitting data, e.g. to your computer, TV or set-top box. To avoid interference and speed fluctuations, you can simply connect your device directly to your router or to a mains socket with a patch cable.
CAT 6 cable, also known as LAN cable, is a very common type.It is capable of transmitting data at speeds of up to 1 gigabit/s (1000 Mbps) at up to 250 MHz, which is far superior to its predecessor CAT5e cable.
Thanks to the double shielding, the cable is protected against both external and internal interference, and thanks to the different colours, you can easily organise your connections by assigning each device its own colour for the cable.
LAN cable CAT 6 - downward and upward compatible with other network categories (e.g. CAT 5e, CAT 6a, CAT 7).
- Cable category: CAT 6
- Data frequency rate: designed up to 250 MHz
- Data transmission: up to 1 Gbit/s (1000 Mbit/s)
- Shielding: S/FTP (braided shielding of the whole cable + foil shielding of each twisted pair)
- Inner conductor standard: AWG 27
- Inner conductor material: Steel-copper (CCS) (4x2 cores)
- Outer jacket material: PVC (polyvinyl chloride) high durability, chemical and thermal resistance
- Connection: A - RJ45 plug (8P8C), B - RJ45 plug (8P8C)
- Assignment: EIA/TIA 568B
- Contact surface: gold-plated 50 µ
- Bonnet: Not potted
- Bend protection: Yes
- Snap-in lug protection: Yes
- Compatibility: for DSL routers, Fritzbox, VoIP telephones, PoE devices, computers, hi-fi receivers, Internet radios, laptops, media players, modems, NAS devices, network printers, network cameras, notebooks, PCs, routers, network sockets, patch panels, switch boxes, network storage servers, smart TVs, game consoles, DSL modems, switches
Scope of delivery:
- 1 x 0,25m RJ45 patch cable CAT 6 red